- 700g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 70ml olive oil
- 5 (about 1.1kg) lamb eye of loin (backstraps)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- 1 large (about 600g) eggplant, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon sumac
- Farmers Union Greek Style Yogurt, to serve
25 Mins Prep, 40 Mins Cook
Preheat oven 200C. Combine cauliflower and 1 tablespoon olive oil on a large baking tray. Season. Roast, turning once, for 20 minutes or until golden and tender.
Meanwhile, combine the lamb, 1 teaspoon cumin and 2 teaspoons remaining olive oil in a large bowl. Season. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the lamb for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a baking tray and roast for 7 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
Add vegetable oil to a large, deep frying pan to come 2cm up the side of the pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook eggplant, in 3 batches, for 3 minutes each side or until browned and tender. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Tear and place in a large bowl. Use a fork to coarsely mash. Stir in the garlic, half the lemon juice and the remaining cumin. Season.
Combine the cauliflower, parsley, onion, sumac, remaining lemon juice and remaining olive oil in a large bowl. Season.
Thickly slice the lamb. Serve with eggplant mixture, cauliflower mixture and yoghurt.
Recipe Source: www.taste.com.au