- 1.5kg leg of lamb
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 800g desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 2 small brown onions, peeled, halved
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (optional)
- Mint jelly, to serve
25 Mins Prep, 1.15 Mins Cook
Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place lamb in a roasting pan. Combine rosemary, garlic, paprika and 2 tablespoons oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Rub over lamb. Roast for 20 minutes.
Arrange potato, pumpkin and onion around lamb. Drizzle with remaining oil. Roast for 45 minutes for medium or until lamb is cooked to your liking.
Transfer lamb to a plate. Cover with foil. Set aside. Roast vegetables for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil.
Skim fat from pan, leaving 1 tablespoon in pan. Place pan over high heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbling. Combine stock, wine (if using) and lamb juices in a jug. Slowly add mixture to pan, stirring. Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until thickened. Serve lamb with vegetables, gravy and mint jelly.
Recipe Source: www.taste.com.au