- 1 chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 1 large (about 220g) chicken breast fillet
- 1/2 cup (110g) risoni pasta
- 40g spinach leaves, finely shredded
- Lemon zest, to serve
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
15 Mins Prep, 30 Mins Cook
Heat a large saucepan over high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until browned. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate.
Add the onion, carrot, celery, zucchini and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Return the chorizo to the pan. Add the tomato, stock and chicken breast. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and coarsely shred.
Add the pasta and shredded chicken to the soup. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 mins or until pasta is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in the spinach and season with salt and pepper.
Ladle soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with lemon zest and parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Recipe Source: www.taste.com.au