- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 drained anchovy fillets, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
- 20g butter, melted
- 4 (175g each) chicken breast fillets
- 4 middle bacon rashers, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- Shaved parmesan and caesar dressing, to serve
20 Mins Prep, 30 Mins Cook
Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
Combine breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, anchovies, parmesan and melted butter in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Using a small, sharp knife, cut a slit in the side of each fillet to form a pocket. Divide breadcrumb mixture between pockets and press to secure. Wrap 1 bacon rasher around each chicken breast and secure with a toothpick. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to prepared baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Stand 5 minutes.
Slice chicken. Divide lettuce between plates. Top with sliced chicken and sprinkle with parmesan. Serve with dressing.
Recipe Source: www.taste.com.au