Every locality in Sydney usually has quite a few butcher shops in it. Many of them will offer different kinds of meat. Not all of them will however, offer enough variety when it comes to gourmet meats. Travelling has become much easier these days. Therefore, finding these exotic meat products that come from different parts of the world has become a lot easier too. This enables people to satisfy their taste for unusual meats and exotic cooking methods.
What are the Most Common Varieties of Gourmet Meats that Butchers Typically Stock?
Poultry, beef, lamb and pork have been among the most popular varieties of meat. However, people lead increasingly hectic lifestyles these days. As a result, the demand for meat products that are convenient to cook has increased. This is why many butchers offer a variety of instant meat products. These items will usually be ready to grill or fry.
Some of the most common types of gourmet meats available these days include:
- Gourmet fillets
- Smoked ham
- Spicy sausages
- Pork chops
- Rib eye steaks
- Marinated steaks
- Veal cutlets
- A salumi plate
- Different kinds of bacon and bologna
When selecting cuts of gourmet meat, remember that:
- Expensive cuts of meat often come from tender parts of the body and not from tougher working muscles e.g. the shoulders, the flanks etc.
- This is why purchasing cuts of meat that come from the ribs, rump and the loin of the animal will be more expensive
- Cooking cuts of meat taken from the working muscles involves longer period of cooking over low heat
- Meat labelled as top sirloin, stewing, bottom round, top round etc. will usually take longer to cook, unlike tenderloins, T-bones, porterhouse etc.
Pick the Best Cuts of Meat from the Premier Gourmet Bucher in Sydney
Whether you’re looking for premium cuts of meat or gourmet meats, you can obtain all you want at Campisi’s Continental Butchery. Over the past 39 years, we’ve built a reputation of providing fresh meat and meat products to all our clients. Whenever you purchase any of our products, you can rest assured about their quality and their affordability as well. After all, our meat and meat products go to over 30 local restaurants and delicatessens. Click here to check out the different kinds of meat and meat products we offer.