- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (450g) lamb backstraps (eye of loin)
- Lemon zest, to serve
- LENTIL AND GREEN OLIVE SALAD
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup green Sicilian olives, pitted, halved
- 1/2 cup feta (reserve 2 tablespoons oil)
- 60g baby rocket
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
20 Mins Prep, 10 Mins Cook
Combine vinegar, garlic, oregano and oil in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Season with salt and pepper. Add lamb. Turn to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes.
Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill on medium-high heat. Cook lamb for 5 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, make Lentil and green olive salad: Place lentils, olives, fetta, rocket, parsley and mint in a bowl. Whisk reserved oil and lemon juice together in a bowl. Drizzle over dressing. Toss gently to combine.
Place salad on a platter and top with lamb. Season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with lemon zest.
Recipe Source: www.taste.com.au